Crowns & Bridges
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth, covering the tooth to restore its shape, size and strength, and/or improve its appearance.
Crowns are used to:
- Protect a weak tooth from decay, breaking or hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- Restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left.
- Hold a dental bridge in place.
- Cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth.
- Cover a dental implant.
As to dental bridges, they literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth.